K-9 CPR Class
The purpose of this course is to provide the necessary practical skills to:
1) accurately evaluate an emergency situation involving your pet
2) provide basic first aid care such as assessing vitals, bandaging wounds, recognizing common signs of poisoning and administering to a choking pet,
3) perform CPR if necessary to your pet.
You will be asked to take a written exam and a practical skills demonstration using a CasPeR CPR dummy. Upon successful completion of the period of instruction and both exams, you will receive a Canine CPR Certification valid for one year.
20-minute CPR lecture and demonstration.
20-minute CPR practice.
20-minute written and practical skills exam.
TRAINING MATERIALS WILL BE PROVIDED
4+ student pricing available upon request for corporations or groups.
K-9 Hiking and First Aid Seminar
This is a private, 4-hour course designed for the responsible hiker and their dog. The purpose of this course is to provide the necessary practical skills to
1) pack first aid and emergency supplies for different environments and weather,
2) evaluate and treat your dog for a variety of common hiking ailments, including tick and snake bites, splinting, bandaging wounds, hypothermia, heatstroke, etc.,
3) train the necessary skills to safely evacuate your dog through different types of terrain, (sling, sled and shoulder carry)
4) Teach and practice heeling, return to handler, leave it, and off-leash hiking behaviors.
10 AM: Meet at the location of choice.
10-12: Recommended gear checklist and first aid/survival skills instruction.
12:30-2:00: Hike and demonstration/practice of survival skills.
BE prepared for the worst.
Human Wilderness Survival Seminar
This is an intensive, 16-hour course for a group of up to 4 individuals. The purpose of this course is:
1) to pass on knowledge regarding how to mitigate risks in the outdoors, and
2) if those mitigations should fail, how to respond appropriately.
This course will enable the participant to learn how to navigate the land using the Military Grid Reference System, prevent common environmental injuries, treat common accidental injuries, and to return home alive.
This course will be mildly physically demanding, including some off-trail hiking, practical application of first aid, and becoming familiar with different methods of evacuation.
Due to the nature of this course, this class is not offered to individuals under the age of 12, and persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
16 TOTAL HOURS OF INSTRUCTION.
Land Navigation using the Military Grid Reference System.
Extensive practical application.
Snake and insect bites.
Wounds and abrasions.
Hypothermia, heatstroke, and altitude sickness.
Signs and signals for rescue.
OPTIONAL, ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
Firearm safety and use.
Contact us to reserve your weekend!
Some recent photographs from our seminars.
Our instructional seminars are fueled from our years of experience and real-world practice.